退休有很多含义. For some, it will be a time to travel and spend time with family members. For others, it will be a time to start a new business or begin a charitable endeavor. Regardless of what approach you intend to take, here are nine things about retirement that might surprise you.
- Many consider the standard retirement age to be 65. One of the key influencers in arriving at that age was Germany, which initially set its retirement age at 70 then lowered it to age 65.1
- Every day between now and the end of the next decade, 另一个10,000 baby boomers are expected to turn 65. That’s roughly one person every 8 seconds.2
- The 65-and-older population is the fastest growing age group in the United States, 增长了34.在过去的十年里增长了2%.3
- Ernest Ackerman was the first person to receive a Social Security benefit. In March 1937, the Cleveland streetcar motorman received a one-time, lump-sum payment of 17¢. Ackerman worked one day under Social Security. He earned $5 for the day and paid a nickel in payroll taxes. 他的一次性付款等于3.他工资的5%.4
- Eighty percent of retirees say they are confident about having enough money to live comfortably throughout their retirement years.5
- The monthly median cost of an assisted living facility is over $4,000, and 7 out of 10 people will require extended care in their lifetime.2
- Sixty-two percent of retirees are dependent upon Social Security as a major source of their income. The average monthly Social Security benefit at the beginning of 2021 was $1,543.5,6
- Centenarians – in 2020 there were 92,000 of them. By 2060, this number is expected to increase to 589,000.7
- Seniors age 65 and over spend over 4 hours a day, on average, watching TV.8
These stats and trends point to one conclusion: The 65-and-older age group is expected to become larger and more influential in the future. Have you made arrangements for health care? Are you comfortable with your investment decisions? If you are unsure about your decisions, maybe it’s time to develop a solid strategy for the future.
1. Social Security Administration, 2021
2. 盖恩.com, 2021
3. The United States Census Bureau, 2020
4. Social Security Administration, 2021
5. Employee Benefit Research Institute, 2021
6. AARP.org, 2020年12月23日
8. U.S. 劳工统计局，2020
The content is developed from sources believed to be providing accurate information. The information in this material is not intended as tax or legal advice. It may not be used for the purpose of avoiding any federal tax penalties. Please consult legal or tax professionals for specific information regarding your individual situation. This material was developed and produced by 消费品 Suite to provide information on a topic that may be of interest. 消费品, 有限责任公司, is not affiliated with the named broker-dealer, state- or SEC-registered investment advisory firm. 所表达的意见及 material provided are for general information, and should not be considered a solicitation for the purchase or 出售任何证券. 版权所有2021 love爱博体育app下载.